Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Pose at Phil Perschbacher Studio

This was drawn on a new pad of Canson Vellum surface sheets in a 19" x 24" pad. I think that I need to do some preparatory work in pencil before going to ink, in order to get the proportions generally better. It might not hurt me  at all to spend the first 20 minute segment of any session just breaking down the proportions of the pose. I am generally averse at times to such concentrated measurement. However, sloppy measurement  allows me to focus on planning for something of a finished work at a future unspecified time, but to not be in the present moment. I think it would be preferable to be as present as possible so as to allow future time for future considerations. In many cases there is a lack of such time at all, so the present moment is the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment