Thursday, January 11, 2007

Continued Portrait

A more developed portrait drawn on a grocery sack

Paper grocery sacks are becoming rarer here. I get them from a Grocery store called Aldi's. they actually charge you 15 cents for each bag. Not bad though to draw on.

The paper does like to suck in the ink a little bit. I am going through the Nexus pens voraciously. They don't really last all that long. I think if I drew a bit slower and more judiciously they would last longer.

I need to do some more break-downs like that. I reverted to relying on my drawing too much and copying, instead of studying the anatomy anew the second time. Old habits are hard to break. It is so disheartening at times how difficult it is to keep consistently progressing and breaking through the layers of old.

No comments:

Post a Comment