Friday, December 7, 2012

Fridays at Koken Art Factory

The event that normally in the past occurred at 2720 is from what I hear going to be moved to Koken Art Factory. Bryan Pease from Concrete Ocean Art Gallery invited us to draw with his group as people  would volunteer pose for us.

Posted here are two of my better charcoal pencil drawings from the evening. The young lady immediately below although unknown to me was selling some of her crafts at the monthly art event. I really wanted to capture the light and the subtlety of the locks of hair.


Below is Joey who is a friend of Chad. I didn't realize it was her until I began drawing. We only just met her the week earlier at Mark Plattner's Birthday party. She is a very tall and graceful lady.


Here are some bits from other peoples sites for me to reflect on regarding techniques in Charcoal. 

 Links: 
  1. Prud'hon's Technique | Ricardo Pontes
  2. Theory: Best Guess at Prud'hon's Step by Step Approach

No comments:

Post a Comment