Saturday, April 20, 2019

Drawing Stephanie at Marlene's

I am getting back to this blog after a bit of a break. This is Stephanie modeling for us at Marlene's studio. I am trying to use a more predictable technique lately. 

1. loose gesture in a few lines
2. drop in tone
3. add dark notes
4. revise contours
5. pull out hilights
6. finishing touches in mediating tones




In this second drawing, I skipped step 3 and didn't bother with steps 5 and 6. I felt like  I might have ruined it. Which makes me think about other thoughts I ave been having about being precious with things. This  is  contrary in a way to my thoughts. I almost am decided that I should keep the average ones, sacrifice the best and attempt too improve my average. The thing that is gained is in the mind after-all and not in the end product.

If we hold up the end-product too high with our admiration, don't we build a ceiling for ourselves? 




No comments:

Post a Comment